June 28, 2009

New Sketchbook

I got a new sketchbook! I bought it before last semester ended. I've decided this time around, it will be more of a book of sketches. I think I tried too hard/spent too much time on each drawing in my old sketchbook. I also want to try to do more life studies, etc.

Today I went on campus for a little bit and sketched Stephens Hall. I would've sketched more, but it got cold. I always find drawing in new sketchbooks intimidating - I don't want to mess up the crisp, pristine pages. I also have a tendency to leave the first page or two blank. I have no idea why.

1 comment:

  1. I always leave the first page or two blank....I think cause every so often the cover falls off of my books, and I don't want to get whatever I've writtten/drawn all bent and smudged if that happens.

    You are reminding me that I am fail at sketching. But it is always so fun! Hmmm. Adding to the list of things I will start up once I've moved.

    ReplyDelete