March 1, 2010

New look?

So I was just testing out how to restyle this blog. I've never actually tried to, because it's kind of intimidating. Now that I have a better understanding of css from work, I thought I'd give it a shot. As you can see, there are a lot of kinks and weird things going on... but I am le tired for now.

Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere to host the images, so I tried a few quick fixes. I thought that if I uploaded them to blogger, I would be able to call them in my xml and css. I can't do that for some reason, and that really made everything take a lot longer. I also tried uploading my images to flickr, but it converts awesome .png's with transparency to .jpg's, which is not as pretty. Now I have everything hosted on imageshack, which is just a (very) temporary solution.

Not really satisfied with it, so I might try again some other day. But now I know I can do it!

3 comments:

  1. Images upload to blogger get redirected to your google photo album (piscas). To get the url, you have to open up your piscas album and search around for a direct hyperlink.

    OR if you want to save yourself a lot of trouble and have google create the url for you, just upload the picture into a post, then look at Edit HTML view. The link will be in the code.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did use the image link from a blog draft, but that didn't seem to work all of the time. I figured that it wasn't my code's fault when I changed the img src to a random googled image and it would work.

    It's ok, I'll try out picasa or photobucket. Blogger tends to compress images too much for my taste. Thanks though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should look into switching to wordpress? everyone seems to be doing it because it is easier to program. but i know nothing about coding soooo dont listen to me.

    ReplyDelete